Using a client machine having Office 2007 and Office Communicator installed you open your MOSS 2007 portal and do a people search. The presence indicator will fail to show the correct presence information for the users in the results. If you open a document library on the same portal where a user created or modified a document the presence indicator will show correct information, after this step if you perform another people search you will have correct presence information displayed.
A) Enable indexing of the SIP address user profile property.
- Open the administration page for the Shared Services Provider (SSP).
- To open the administration page for the SSP, do the following:
- On the top navigation bar, click Application Management.
- On the Application Management page, in the Office SharePoint Server Shared Services section, click Create or configure this farm’s shared services.
- On the Manage this Farm’s Shared Services page, there is a link to each SSP and links to the Web applications for each SSP. Click the link for the SSP that you want to open.
- On the Shared Services Administration Home page, in the User Profiles and My Sites section, click User profiles and properties.
- On the User Profiles and Properties page, in the User Profile Properties section, click View profile properties.
- Locate the SIP Address property, open its context menu and select Edit.
- Locate the Search Settings section and make sure check the Indexed check box is enabled and save changes.
- Run a Full crawl on the content source for people.
B) If you do not wish to index the SIP address user profile property you can install Office 2010 on the client machines to resolve this issue.
Add, edit and map user profile properties
Configure profile properties
Article ID: 2448575 - Last Review: Nov 14, 2010 - Revision: 1