This article describes the following items about the hotfix package:
- The issues that the hotfix package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the hotfix package.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the hotfix package.
- Whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix packages.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the hotfix package contains.
Issue that this hotfix package fixes
- Consider the following scenario:
The operation could not be performed as it requires Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007. Make sure that Project is installed on this machine and that a profile to this server exists. If Project is currently running, ensure that it is logged on to this server and that there is no dialog open.
- You create a new or edit an existing enterprise calendar in Project Web Access (PWA).
- You add twoexceptions on or after the 28th of the same month in the enterprise calendar in Office Project 2007.
- You set the same recurrence pattern to Yearly or Monthly for both the exceptions.
- You try to save the enterprise calendar.
Note To resolve this issue, you must apply the hotfix packages that are described in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article 2449500 and in this KB article.
Hotfix informationA recently discovered issue affecting Project plans that contain baselines was fixed and included in the Project Server 2007 February 2011 cumulative update package. This issue was traced back to have originated in the Project Server 2007 April 2010 cumulative update package. As our cumulative updates are incremental, this issue also affected the June, August, October, and December server updates.
We recommend that customers install the latest cumulative update packages that are described in KB953878. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 2449502 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 4