This security update also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:
- MS16-142 Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer
- MS16-139 Security update for Windows kernel
- MS16-137 Security update for Windows authentication methods
- MS16-135 Security update for Windows kernel-mode drivers
- MS16-134 Security update for common log file system driver
- MS16-132 Security update for Microsoft graphics component
- MS16-131 Security update for Microsoft Video Control
- MS16-130 Security update for Microsoft Windows
- The security fixes that are listed in the "Summary" section are included in this this Security Monthly Quality Rollup 3197868 are also included in the November 2016 Security Only Quality Update 3197867 . Installing either update installs the security fixes that are listed here. This Security Monthly Quality Rollup also includes improvements and fixes from previous monthly rollups.
- If you use update management processes other than Windows Update, and you automatically approve all Security updates classifications for deployment, both the Security Only Quality Update 3197867 and this Security Monthly Quality Rollup 3197868 are deployed. We recommend that you review your update deployment rules to make sure that the desired updates are deployed.
- Updated This November 2016 Security Monthly Quality Rollup was revised December 13, 2016. With this change, this update will not supersede the Security Only Quality Updates from October 2016 or November 2016. This revision enables update management systems that cannot easily deploy superseded updates to install those Security Only Quality Updates without additional deployment processes.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
How to obtain and install the update
Method 1: Windows UpdateThis update is available through Windows Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to turn on automatic updating, see
Get security updates automatically.