Note Before you follow the instructions in this article, make sure that you have a complete backup copy of the database that you can restore if a problem occurs.
This article describes how to change the currency decimal places or the quantity decimal places in Manufacturing in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
To change the currency decimal places or the quantity decimal places, you must complete two tasks:
- You must change the decimal places in the core tables of Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- You must update fields in Manufacturing in Microsoft Dynamics GP to reflect the change.
Task 1: Change the decimal places in the core tables
- On the Tools menu, click Utilities, point to Inventory, and then click Change Decimal Places.
- In the Change Decimal Places window, click Change Currency Decimal Places or Change Quantity Decimal Places.
- If you click Change Currency Decimal Places, you receive a warning message because changing the currency decimal places rounds the amounts in the price list. For more information, press F1 to view the "Effects of changing decimal places for currencies for items" topic in Microsoft Dynamics GP Help.
- If you click Change Quantity Decimal Places, you receive a warning message because changing the number of quantity decimal places clears the unit of measure schedule, the price list, and the purchasing options for the item. For more information, press F1 to view the "Handling effects of changing quantity decimals" topic in Microsoft Dynamics GP Help.
- Select the new decimal place or the currency ID. Or, select both items if both items are applicable.
- Select the item number that you want to change, and then click Process.
- If you receive the following warning message, click OK:Note If Microsoft Dynamics GP cannot change the decimal places of the item, the reason is included in the Decimal Places Change Audit report.
Task 2: Update fields in Manufacturing to reflect the changeThe changes that you make by using the Change Decimal Places utility do not affect the Manufacturing tables. Therefore, you must update the decimal places in the CT00102 table. The column that you update depends on the change that you made:
- If you changed the currency decimal places, you must update the DECPLCUR column.
- If you changed the quantity decimal places, you must update the DECPLQTY column.
To update the DECPLQTY column or the DECPLCUR column by running an SQL statement, follow these steps:
|Value that is stored in the table||Corresponding decimal place quantity|
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server, and then click Query Analyzer.
- Enter your connection information, and then click OK.
- In the database list, click the Microsoft Dynamics GP company database.
- Run the following SQL statement in SQL Query Analyzer.Note In the statement, the <Item_number> placeholder is a placeholder for the actual item number that you want to update.
update CT00102 set DECPLQTY = 3 where ITEMNMBR = '<Item_number>'
- On the Query menu, click Execute.