You have Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 (SP1) installed on a computer. When you start the Visual Studio IDE, the IDE crashes. When you submit the Dr. Watson crash information, a Dr. Watson error that has the Bucket ID 881158574 is generated.
Hotfix informationTo download this hotfix from the MSDN Code Gallery, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The hotfix is available in several languages. The MSDN Code Gallery displays a list of these languages. If you do not see a certain language listed, the MSDN Code Gallery resource page is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesYou must have Visual Studio 2008 SP1 installed to apply this hotfix.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace other hotfixes.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
To submit Dr. Watson crash information, follow these steps:
Check online for a solution later and restart the program when you receive the following error message:<Application name> has stopped working
- Click Send information to send the crash report after you receive the following message:
- Click Start, and then type problem reportsin the search box.
- If the computer is running Windows Vista, click View problem history. If the computer is running Windows 7, click View all problem reports.
- In the Problem Reports and Solutions window, double-click the specific problem that you encounter.
- View the Bucket ID in the BucketID field that is in the "Extra information about the problem" section.