Windows Essentials 2012 suite reached end of support on January 10, 2017.
As of January 10, 2017, Windows Essentials 2012 is no longer supported on Windows 10, and is unavailable for download.
Windows Essentials 2012 included Windows Movie Maker, Windows Photo Gallery, Windows Live Writer, Windows Live Mail, Windows Live Family Safety and the OneDrive desktop app for Windows. Already installed applications will continue to work as they do today.
Windows Essentials 2012
Windows Live Writer 2012
If you see the error message "The user account has been blocked," open a web browser, go to the Microsoft Account page and sign in with the same Microsoft account. After you sign in online, go back to Writer and try to sign in to Windows Essentials again with the same Microsoft account.
Because Writer doesn't support rendering of images using vector markup language (VML), pictures copied from Word into a blog in Writer might not appear if VML is turned on in Word.
To turn off rendering of images using VML
- Open Microsoft Word.
- Click the File tab or Microsoft Office Button, and then click Options or Word Options.
- In the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced.
- Under General, click Web Options.
- Clear the check box next to Rely on VML for displaying graphics in browsers, and then click OK.
If you copy and paste a bulleted or numbered list from Word or Outlook into a blog in Writer, the bullets or numbers will be converted into text.
To add bullets or numbers to a list
- Delete the bullets or numbers that were converted into text.
- On the Home tab, click the Bullets or Numbering button.
Article ID: 13785 - Last Review: 17 Nov 2017 - Revision: 107