Burn CDs (or data DVDs)
Choose this option if you want to make music CDs that you can play in your car, on your stereo, or on your PC.
You can play a data CD on PCs and some CD and DVD players. The device must support the file types that you add to the disc, such as WMA, MP3, JPEG, or Windows Media Video (WMV). Choose this option if you have lots of music and a CD or DVD player that can play the file types you add to the disc or if you want to back up your media.
You can play a data DVD on PCs and some DVD players. The device must support the file types that you add to the disc, such as WMA, MP3, JPEG, or WMV. Choose this option if you have a lot of files that won’t fit on a single CD because a data DVD has a lot of space.
- Open Windows Media Player.
- Insert an audio CD into the PC's CD drive.
- Select the Rip CD button .
- If you want to select a different format or bit rate, select the Rip settings menu, and then choose Format or Audio Quality in the Player Library.
- If you don't want to rip every song, clear the check boxes next to the songs you don't want.