This article describes the Microsoft Lync Server 2010 issues that are fixed in the cumulative update that is dated June 2012.
This article includes the following information about the update package:
- The issues that the update package fixes.
- The prerequisites for applying the update package
- Whether you must restart the computer after you apply the update package
- Whether the update package is replaced by any other update package
- Whether you must make any changes to the registry
- The files that the update package contains
Issues that this update package fixesThis cumulative update fixes the following issues:
- 2702457 0xC000008C error code when you set the DNS SRV record for federation of a Lync Server 2010 Edge server to an internal FQDN
- 2703313 The 10 second timer in the Lync Server 2010 OBR component is updated to apply only to E911 calls
- 2684128 An update is available for Lync Server 2010 to remove the LastActive attribute from the aggregation state category
- 2680983 Exception code 0xc00000fd when the Lync Server Front-End service crashes in a Lync Server 2010 environment
- 2670352 Description of the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010: February 2012
- 2514980 Description of the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010: November 2011
- 2500442 Description of the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010: April 2011
- 2571546 Description of the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010: July 2011
Update package information
Microsoft Download CenterThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Server.msp package now.
Release Date: June 2012
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis cumulative update replaces the following previously released cumulative update:
2670352 Description of the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010: February 2012
Registry informationTo use one of the update packages in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update package installation informationTo apply this cumulative update, install the Server.msp package on computers that are running the following server roles:
- Lync Server 2010 – Standard Edition Server
- Lync Server 2010 – Enterprise Edition - Front-end
- Lync Server 2010 – Enterprise Edition – Standalone Audio Video Conferencing Server
- Open Internet options in Internet Explorer.
- Switch to the General tab.
- Click the Delete… button in the Browsing history section, and then click OK.
Removal informationTo remove this cumulative update, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel.
Sometimes, when you try to uninstall this cumulative update, you are prompted for the source CD. If this behavior occurs, insert the source CD, or provide the path where the source files can be found.
File informationThis update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
After the update is installed, the global version of this update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Dbcommon.sql||Not Applicable||20,519||7/21/11||2:32||Not Applicable|
|Dbrtc.sql||Not Applicable||1,283,344||2/18/12||17:21||Not Applicable|
|Dbsetup.wsf||Not Applicable||108,754||2/18/12||17:21||Not Applicable|
|File_interclusterrouting.am||Not Applicable||13,127||2/18/12||16:51||Not Applicable|
|File_outboundrouting.am||Not Applicable||11,589||2/18/12||16:49||Not Applicable|
|File_translationservice.am||Not Applicable||11,056||2/18/12||16:49||Not Applicable|
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updatesFor more information about the latest updates for Lync Server 2010, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2493736 Updates for Lync Server 2010
Article ID: 2701585 - Last Review: 3 Sep 2013 - Revision: 1