- You enable HTTPS inspection in the Web Access Policy on a server that is running Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010.
- You have clients that access Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) websites through Forefront TMG when a proxy server is not defined.
- You installed a third-party web filter that calls the WriteClient API.
In this scenario, the Firewall service (Wspsrv.exe) in Forefront TMG may stop responding to all traffic until the Firewall service or the server is restarted.
- Disable the third-party web filter.
- Disable HTTPS inspection.
Article ID: 2705829 - Last Review: 4 May 2012 - Revision: 1