- You deploy Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 in multiple Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) sites.
- AD DS Site A is Internet-facing.
- AD DS Site B is not Internet-facing.
- Microsoft Outlook Web App (OWA) is published in Site A.
- Windows Integrated Authentication is enabled on the Client Access server (CAS) in Site B.
- A user in Site B tries to log on to OWA.
Note This issue can also occur if the authentication method was changed, and the change has not replicated to all AD DS sites.
- Start IIS Manager on the CAS in the Internet-facing AD DS site.
- Expand the server that you want, expand Sites, expand Default Web Site, and then expand OWA.
- Note the highest OWA version number.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 on the CAS in the AD DS site that is not Internet-facing.
- If the OWA version is a later version on the CAS server in the AD DS site that is not Internet-facing, update the Exchange Server 2010 installation on the CAS in the AD DS site that is Internet-facing
Article ID: 2712097 - Last Review: 27 Aug 2012 - Revision: 1