Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Click the Start button and click Computer
2. Right click a disk drive and choose Properties
3. On the Tools tab, click the “Check now…” button
4. The “Check Disk <disk name>” dialog box should be displayed
5. Repeat step 2 to 4, and this dialog box may randomly stop responding for a short period of time after being displayed
1. The issue can only be reproduced when UAC is enabled.
2. The issue cannot be reproduced in the built-in Administrator account even when UAC is enabled on the computer. This is because UAC is turned off for the built-in Administrator account even when the system-wide UAC is enabled.
Article ID: 2715460 - Last Review: 25 May 2012 - Revision: 1