Note This issue is more likely to occur when the cluster instance contains many databases.
Note The cluster group waits for five minutes to bring resources online on another node.
Cumulative update information
SQL Server 2012The fix for this issue was first released in Cumulative Update 2 for SQL Server 2012. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for SQL Server, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Upgrade approximately half of the passive nodes one by one. To prevent the setup operation from moving the resource group to any upgraded nodes, use the following parameter:For more information about the /FAILOVERCLUSTERROLLOWNERSHIP parameter, go to the following MSDN website:
- Manually add the nodes that were upgraded in step 1 to possible owners for the network name resource.
- Manually move the resource group to an upgraded node, and wait for the group to come online.
- Manually remove nodes that were not upgraded from possible owners for the network name resource.
- Upgrade the rest of the cluster nodes.
Article ID: 2720961 - Last Review: 19 Nov 2012 - Revision: 1