- Verify the "Print" button is being used and not the "Print Preview" button. In Microsoft Dynamics SL 7.0 Feature Pack and later versions, clicking print preview does not start a quick send request.
- Start Application Server. Note of any error messages in the application server window. If there are messages about CDO or MAPI, verify that Outlook is installed. If Outlook 2007 is being used, download and install CDO version 1.2.1.
- Try to process a quick send request. Check whether Application Server tries to process it. If nothing appears in Application Server, verify the customer, employee, or vendor is set up correctly for quick send and that the quick send check box is checked on the Quick Send tab of the Customer, Employee, or Vendor Maintenance screen.
- If Application Server does try to process the request, but no email message is sent, check for error messages in the Application Server log and search the KnowledgeBase on these errors.
- Check the Application Server temp directory to see whether the attachment is being created. If no attachment is created, no email message will be sent. This is typically caused by a customized version of the report. Retry using the standard report.
- If the file is being created in the temp directory, try resending to a different email address, or by using a different "reply to" email address in the set up.
If Quick Send email messages are being sent, but the data is blank or incorrect, follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
- If the email message is sent but the attachment is missing or blank, determine whether a customized report is being used. Retry using the standard report. KB 962985 can also provide some assistance on this.
- Search the knowledgebase for known issues and apply any applicable hotfixes.
Article ID: 2726782 - Last Review: 3 Feb 2017 - Revision: 2