- A firewall or network device is blocking communication between your Internet Explorer browser and the SmartScreen Filter Services URL at http://urs.microsoft.com.
- You are browsing the website from within a network that does not have an active connection to the Internet.
In this scenario, Internet Explorer may appear to stop responding.
- Allow Internet Explorer to communicate with the SmartScreen Filter Service URL by enabling an active Internet connection or by configuring the firewall or network device to not block connections to unblocking http://urs.microsoft.com.
- Reconfigure Internet Explorer so that the web sites you want to view are set to an IE zone where the SmartScreen Filter is disabled.
- Disable the SmartScreen Filter in the Advanced Options section of Internet Explorer, in the event that access to the SmartScreen Filter Service URL is blocked permanently.
How to turn the Internet Explorer Phishing Filter or the SmartScreen Filter on or off
Article ID: 2729494 - Last Review: 5 Jul 2012 - Revision: 1