- Participants that join the IM conference within the first 40 seconds of the IM conference will receive all of the IM that are current with the ImMcu message history component in their Lync conversation window
- Participants that join the IM conference after the first 40 seconds of the IM conference will not receive any IM and their Lync conversation window
To optimize the number of conference participants that will be able to view a Lync IM conversation window that includes the IMs that are buffered by the ImMcu message history component within its initial 40 second interval, use the following steps to sort the Lync contacts by availability:
- Select the Lync Display contacts by groups (Groups) feature of the Lync contact window
- From the View more layouts drop down list choose Sort by Availability
- Select the available contacts that will be conference participants from the sorted contact list
NoteIM conference invitations that are sent to non-responsive IM conference participants will hold for 15 seconds after receiving the toast notification for the IM conference invitation then they will join the conference by default.
Article ID: 2736787 - Last Review: 25 Apr 2014 - Revision: 1