- You try to execute the sp_cursorprepare stored procedure to compile a cursor statement or batch into an execution plan in Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
- When the stored procedure does not return metadata for the cursor statement or batch, you execute the sp_describe_first_result_set stored procedure to receive the metadata for the expected result set of the Transact-SQL batch.
- The sp_describe_first_result_set stored procedure is called together with cursor-specific syntax. For example, you use a cursor statement in the stored procedure together with the FOR UPDATE clause.
- This issue also occurs when the sp_describe_undeclared_parameters stored procedure is called together with cursor-specific syntax.
- This issue occurs both server-side and client-side.
Cumulative update information
Cumulative update package 3 for SQL Server 2012The fix for this issue was first released in Cumulative Update 3. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for SQL Server 2012, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 2740957 - Last Review: 29 Aug 2012 - Revision: 1