This data is updated periodically as a background process. If a user has several pinned views or on machines that do not have a lot of resources this can cause slow performance and load issues.
When this value is set to 1, users still have the ability to pin the views; however, the query is sent to the CRM Server to retrieve the results instead of from the local cache.
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
To have us fix this problem for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to fix this problem yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for me
To fix this problem automatically, click the Fix it button or link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Then, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myselfTo fix this problem, follow these steps:
1. Log on to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Outlook client machines as a user who has installed the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Outlook client.
2. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK. Navigate to the registry key, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
3. Type DisableMapiCaching, and then press ENTER.
4. Right-click DisableMapiCaching, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
5. Right-click DisableMapiCaching, and then click Modify.
6. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
7. Exit Registry Editor.
Did this fix the problem?
- Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an email message.
Note: This registry key is not valid after Update Rollup 14 has been applied. This will have to be updated using the OrgDbOrgSettings Tool.
OrgDBOrgSettings Tool for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011