- You have a USB printer attached to a Windows 7 or Windows Vista PC
- You start printing on the printer
- Communication between the PC and the printer is halted during printing.
For example, the PC is put to sleep, or the printer cover is opened.
- You cancel the print job
In this case, the job status will change to "Restarting" but the cancelation may not complete.
This problem occurs due to a limitation in the Windows spooler service.
1. Open Start Menu and type “cmd.exe” (without the quotes) in the search box.
2. Right click cmd.exe at the top of results list and click “Run as Administrator”
3. In the resulting command box, type the following two lines and hit enter after each line:
Net Stop Spooler
Net Start Spooler
At this point disconnect your printer’s USB cable, and then reconnect it.
Restart the PC
Article ID: 2742891 - Last Review: 9 Aug 2012 - Revision: 1