The following minimal requirements are necessary to run Windows To Go on a host computer:
- 1 GHz or faster processor
- 2 GB RAM or more
- DirectX 9 graphics device that has a Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 1.2 or later version driver
- System firmware that supports Windows To Go (This firmware is found on computers that have a Windows 7 or Windows 8 sticker)
- A Windows To Go certified USB drive that is provisioned with Windows 8
- Older (pre-2009) Mac operating systems cannot start Windows To Go.
- Some Mac operating systems encounter a kernel mode Stop error when the EFI Boot startup option is selected from the Mac OS startup menu.
- Installation of the Apple Boot Camp drivers may result in a workspace that cannot be started.
- Drivers for Mac OS hardware are unavailable through Windows Update and must be manually installed.
For more information, see the following articles:
Hardware requirements for Windows To Go: How to configure a device to start from a USB drive: