The Office 365 Admin App provides a mobile view of the Office 365 service health dashboard. This article helps you troubleshoot errors that users may receive when they sign in to the Office 365 Admin App.
Scenario: User receives an "Administrator role required" or "User does not have sufficient permissions" errorA user receives one of the following error messages:
- Administrator role required. Your username and password are correct but you do not have administrator role access.
- User does not have sufficient permissions. Please contact your administrator.
For more information about how to assign admin roles in Office 365, go to Assigning admin roles.
Scenario: User receives a "That user name and password didn't work. Try again" errorA user receives the following error message:
To troubleshoot this issue, follow these steps:
That user name and password didn’t work. Try again.
- Check that you're using the correct user name and password by signing in to the Office 365 portal (https://portal.office.com).
- Check status.office.com to confirm that the service health dashboard isn't currently affected by a service incident.
- If you continue to receive this error when you sign in to the Office 365 Admin App, try to uninstall and then reinstall the app on your mobile device.
Article ID: 2904305 - Last Review: 29 Dec 2016 - Revision: 1