If this issue results in the SSO Master Secret Server not being upgraded, attempts to upgrade other BizTalk servers in the group will fail, and you will receive the following error:
Also, any component of BizTalk Server that references Microsoft.BizTalk.Interop.SSOClient.dll can fail with the following error:
- Verify that the current master secret key is backed up to a secure location.
- Verify that a current version of the SSO database is backed up to a secure location.
- Run the Enterprise SSO Setup.exe file from the BizTalk Server 2013 installation media:
- For 32-bit computers, use the Setup.exe file at \Platform\SSO.
- For 64-bit computers, use the Setup.exe file at \Platform\SSO64.
- In the Autorun dialog box, select Microsoft Enterprise Single Sign-On.
- In the Summary dialog box, select Upgrade.
The assembly Microsoft.BizTalk.Interop.SSOClient.dll file can also be used to verify the version of SSO. The default location for this assembly is C:\Program Files\Common Files\Enterprise Single Sign-On. In a correctly upgraded BizTalk 2013 environment, the file version will be 9.0.1865.0 and the .NET version will be 7.0.2300.0.