Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Access 2016 installed on the computer. After you apply this security update, you may see a popup window that states that a website wants to open web content in protected mode in Internet Explorer. See Updates to change the way that Internet Explorer interacts with features in Microsoft Office applications for more information.
For a complete list of affected versions of Office software, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 3104540.
- VBA library names (Microsoft Office 15.0 Access database engine Object Library and Microsoft Access 15.0 object library) aren't updated to reflect Access 2016. This update changes the version number for Access object library.
- After you copy, paste, or import forms and reports in Access 2016, the color property settings of existing themes are changed.
- A new Serbian locale (sr-latn-rs) is added to replace the existing locale (sr-latn-cs). This change adds handling so that Access 2016 works with the Microsoft SharePoint list in this locale.
- After you set the OverrideDisableAllActiveX Group Policy setting, you can't run the trusted WebBrowser ActiveX control or import wizard in Access 2010 even though you set the DisableAllActiveX Group Policy setting. Additionally, you receive the following error message in the import wizard:There is no object in this control.
Note The DisableAllActiveX registry key is located in the following path:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\Common\Security
Method 1: Microsoft Update
Method 2: Microsoft Download Center
- Download the security update for the 32-bit version of Access 2016
- Download the security update for the 64-bit version of Access 2016
Security update deployment informationFor deployment information about this update, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 3104540.
Update replacement informationThis update doesn't replace a previously released update.
Article ID: 2910978 - Last Review: 29 Mar 2017 - Revision: 2