- You have a system running Windows 8.1.
- AutoPlay is set to Ask me every time for both Removable drive and Memory card.
- You place system into S3 (Sleep) when inserting removable drive or memory card.
In this scenario, you notice the system will resume about 30 seconds after the system was placed into S3.
Option #1 Modify the AutoPlay settings
- Press the Windows logo key +I to open the Settings charm.
- Near the bottom of the Settings menu, select Change PC Settings.
- Under PC Settings,select PC and devices and then select AutoPlay.
- You can either turn AutoPlay off or set Removable drive and Memory card options both to Take no action.
Option #2 Set the toast notification sound to None
- Open Control Panel in category view.
- Select Hardware and Sound and then select Change system sounds listed under Sound.
- Under Program Events:, locate Notification which is listed under Windows.
- Change the Sounds: setting from Windows Notify System Generic to None.
- Click Apply and then click OK.
Article ID: 2911400 - Last Review: 16 Nov 2013 - Revision: 1