- You have a Windows Embedded Compact 7-based device that has the following AutoLoad registry setting:
Note <device name> is a placeholder and it has more than 7 characters.
- You run an application that calls FindFirstStore function to retrieve the name of the storage device that is loaded by AutoLoad registry of Storage Manager.
- The application then calls OpenStore function and passes the STOREINFO.szDeviceName that is retrieved from FindFirstStore function to open the storage device.
FindFirstStore function only returns "FlashDi" as STOREINFO.szDeviceName, so OpenStore function fails because of incorrect device name passed.
Note This issue typically occurs when <device name> has more than 7 characters, and when Windows Embedded Compact 7 Monthly Update September 2013 is applied.
Software update information
Download informationThe Windows Embedded Compact 7 Monthly Update (December 2013) is now available from Microsoft. To download this Windows Embedded Compact 7 monthly update, go to the following Microsoft Download Center website:
The kind of processor that each file applies to is visible in the name of each file in the "File information" section.
PrerequisitesThis update is supported only if all previously issued updates for this product have also been installed.
Restart requirementAfter you apply this update, you must perform a clean build of the whole platform. To do this, use one of the following methods:
- On the Build menu, click Clean Solution, and then click Build Solution.
- On the Build menu, click Rebuild Solution.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any other updates.
Article ID: 2912406 - Last Review: 14 Jan 2014 - Revision: 1