- You configure the Turn off hard disk after setting to a time interval in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2.
Note To change the setting, click the Change advanced power settings link under Power Options.
- You connect a Universal Serial Bus (USB) storage device to the computer.
- You let the storage device idle for the time interval that you configured in Power Options.
- The USB storage device periodically disconnects and might reconnect.
- If you try to access the files on the device, Windows Explorer becomes unresponsive for one to two minutes.
Update informationTo resolve this issue, install update rollup 2911106. For more information about how to obtain this update rollup package, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 2914219 - Last Review: 14 Jan 2014 - Revision: 1