- You have a computer that is running Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2012.
- The system is configured by having hot pluggable Solid State Drives (SSDs).
- You disable the storage controller for one or more of the SSDs through Device Manager.
- You physically eject the SSDs that are attached to the disabled controllers.
- You re-enable the previously disabled storage controller through Device Manager.
- This Stop error describes a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error.
- The parameters in this Stop error message vary, depending on the configuration of the computer.
- Not all "Stop 0x000000D1" errors are caused by this issue.
Microsoft regularly releases software updates to address specific bugs. If Microsoft releases a software update to resolve this bug, this article will be updated with additional information.
Article ID: 2916984 - Last Review: 27 Dec 2013 - Revision: 1