- You use Windows Performance Monitor to monitor system activity in Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2008.
- You do one of the following:
- You use a template to create a Data Collector Set.
- You configure the new Data Collector Set on the Data Manager tab by using the default properties or the same properties that are configured in a different Data Collector Set.
- The Performance Monitor log files that are generated are saved to the same folder as other Performance Monitor files.
- Save the Performance Monitor log files to a different folder.
- Change the default settings when you configure a Data Collector Set on the Data Manager tab. For example, change the Minimum free disk space or Maximum folders setting.
- Do not use a template to create Data Collector Sets.
For information about how to manage data in Windows Performance Monitor, go to the following Microsoft TechNet website:
For information about the IDataCollectorSet::RootPath property, go to the following MSDN website:
Article ID: 2916994 - Last Review: 19 Dec 2013 - Revision: 1