We recommend that you test the hotfixes before you deploy them in a production environment. Because the builds are cumulative, each new fix release contains all the hotfixes and all the security fixes that were included in the previous Host Integration Server 2010 fix release. We recommend that you consider applying the most recent fix release that contains this hotfix. TK sense
Important This cumulative update package includes all the product component packages. However, this cumulative update package updates only those features that are currently installed on the system.
- All previously released hotfixes for Host Integration Server 2010
- All the fixes that are included in Cumulative update package 1 for Host Integration Server 2010
- All the fixes that are included in Cumulative update package 2 for Host Integration Server 2010
- All the fixes that are included in Cumulative update package 3 for Host Integration Server 2010
- All the fixes that are included in Cumulative update package 4 for Host Integration Server 2010
- All the fixes that are included in Cumulative update package 5 for Host Integration Server 2010
- All the fixes that are included in Cumulative update package 6 for Host Integration Server 2010
- All the fixes that are included in Cumulative update package 7 for Host Integration Server 2010
- All the fixes that are included in Cumulative update package 8 for Host Integration Server 2010
- All the fixes that are included in Cumulative update package 9 for Host Integration Server 2010
- Some additional improvements
Note This cumulative update does not contain fixes for Microsoft Enterprise Single Sign-On (SSO). Therefore, this update does not apply to stand-alone SSO servers.
Operating systems support updateHost Integration Server 2010 with Cumulative Update 6 (or a later version) applied is supported on the following operating systems in addition to those that are listed in the Host Integration Server 2010 Installation Guide:
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows 8
The following issues may occur when you install Host Integration Server 2010 on these two operating systems:
- An unattended command-line installation of Host Integration Server 2010 in Windows Server 2012 or Windows 8 is unsuccessful if the WEBSPHERE_MQ_CHANNEL feature is enabled for installation. If you perform an attended installation by using the Setup.exe user interface, the WCF Channel for WebSphere MQ option is disabled. This lets the installation continue. The Host Integration Server 2010 Setup program cannot install the WCF Channel for WebSphere MQ feature in Windows Server 2012 or Windows 8 because of a lack of read/write permissions to the registry keys that are required to determine the version of Microsoft .NET Framework 4 that's installed on the system.
- 32-bit CPI-C applications cannot connect to 64-bit Host Integration Server servers that host the LU 6.2 (APPC) sessions that are used to connect to the IBM host systems.
Host Integration Server 2010 fixes that are included in Cumulative Update 10 for Host Integration Server 2010Microsoft Knowledge Base articles that discuss these hotfixes are released as they become available. For more information about Host Integration Server bugs, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base.
|3024579||BizTalk adapter support for BizTalk Server 2013 in Host Integration Server 2010|
|2981125||FIX: BizTalk Adapter for Host Applications encounters a data conversion error when it's configured for SSL connection|
|3038387||Additional space is added to 8-byte IMS Transaction Program name in Host Integration Server 2010|
|3013720||FIX: Managed Provider for DB2 pads data in GRAPHIC columns with Null values|
|3022681||SSIS fails when you convert Date Time data by using Data Provider for DB2|
|2909033||Event 705 when Host Integration Server clients try to open a sponsor connection|
|2929716||“MMC has detected an error in a snap-in” when a non-administrator starts SNA Manager in Host Integration Server|
|3014112||TN3270 session may stop running in Host Integration Server 2010 |
|2950815||An update is available that increases the maximum values for the Maximum Batch Size and Maximum Messages in Batch properties for the MQSC Adapter|
|2925059||FIX: Zero-length stream is passed to a BizTalk Server Pipeline when the MQSC adapter receives an MQRFH2-formatted message from IBM WebSphere|
|3008455||FIX: "Failure encountered while attempting to get message from queue" error in MQSC Adapter|
|2949419||FIX: Session Integrator may not decrypt data in Host Integration Server|
|3038388||Session Integrator triggers excessive CPU use in Host Integration Server 2010|
How to obtain Cumulative Update 10 for Host Integration Server 2010A supported cumulative update package is now available from Microsoft. However, the cumulative update package is intended to correct only the problems that are described in this article. Apply the cumulative update package only to systems that are experiencing these specific problems. This cumulative update package may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by any of these problems, we recommend that you wait for the next Host Integration Server 2010 service pack. The next service pack will contain the hotfixes that are in this cumulative update package.
If the cumulative update is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the cumulative update package.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you may have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific cumulative update package. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website:Note The "Hotfix Download Available" form displays the languages for which the cumulative update is available. If you do not see a certain language, no cumulative update package is available for that language.
Cumulative update package information
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must have Microsoft Host Integration Server 2010 installed.
If a Readme.txt file is included in this update, see the Readme.txt file for more information about how to install this update.