Microsoft has released Update Rollup 5 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3 (SP3). This update is dated February 25, 2014. This article describes the following information about the update rollup:
- The issues that the update rollup resolves.
- How to obtain the update rollup.
- The prerequisites to install the update rollup.
Issues that the update rollup resolvesUpdate Rollup 5 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 resolves the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2887459 Public folder expiry time is set incorrectly in Exchange Server 2010 SP3
- 2892257 Email items are lost when you move items between shared folders by using EWS delegate access
- 2897935 "Cannot save the object '\FolderName'" error message when you try to replicate Exchange Server 2010 public folders
- 2898908 EdgeTransport.exe crashes if the From field is empty in an email message
- 2903831 Only a single character is allowed in the disclaimer content in ECP
- 2904459 RPC Client Access service crashes if you add "Signed By" or "Send From" column in Outlook online mode
- 2913413 RPC Client Access service crashes with an exception in Exchange Server 2010
- 2913999 Meeting request body and instructions are lost in delegate's auto-forwarded meeting request
- 2916836 EdgeTransport.exe crashes when a transport rule sends a rejection message to an empty address
- 2919513 Memory leak or memory corruption occurs in Exchange Server 2010
- 2924971 RPC Client Access service stops when you select an inactive search folder in Outlook 2007 in an Exchange Server 2010 SP3 environment
- 2926057 EdgeTransport.exe crashes if seek operation failed in Exchange Server 2010
- 2927856 Incorrect recurring meeting if disclaimer transport rule is enabled in Exchange Server 2010
- 2930478 You cannot access an Exchange Server 2013 mailbox if your mailbox is located in Exchange Server 2010
Update rollup informationThe following file is available for download from the following Microsoft Download Center website:
For more information about how to install the latest update rollup for Exchange Server 2010, go to the following Microsoft website:
Important information for customers who install the update on computers that are not connected to the Internet
When you install this update rollup on a computer that is not connected to the Internet, you may experience long installation times. Additionally, you may receive the following message:
This behavior is caused by network requests to connect to the following website:
Creating Native images for .Net assemblies.
These network requests represent tries to access the certificate revocation list for each assembly that native image generation (NGen) compiles to native code. However, because the Exchange server is not connected to the Internet, each request must wait to time out before the process continues.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu in Windows Internet Explorer, click Internet Options, and then click the Advanced tab.
- In the Security section, click to clear the Check for publisher's certificate revocation check box, and then click OK.
Update issue on computers that have customized Outlook Web App files
Important Before you apply the update rollup, make a backup copy of any customized Outlook Web App files. For more information about how to customize Outlook Web App, go to the following Microsoft website:
Update issue for CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customers who deploy CAS-CAS proxying
If you meet both of the following conditions, apply the update rollup on the Internet-facing Client Access servers before you apply the update rollup on the non-Internet-facing Client Access servers:
- You are a CAS Proxy Deployment Guidance customer.
- You have deployed CAS-CAS proxying.
Note For other Exchange Server 2010 configurations, you do not have to apply the update rollup on the servers in any particular order.
For more information about CAS-CAS proxying, go to the following Microsoft website:
PrerequisitesTo apply this update rollup, you must have Exchange Server 2010 SP3 installed.
Important Remove all interim updates for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 before you apply this update rollup.
Restart requirementThe required services are automatically restarted when you apply this update rollup.
Removal informationTo remove Update Rollup 5 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel to remove update 2917508.
You cannot install or uninstall Update Rollup 5 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 on a double-byte character set (DBCS) version of Windows Server 2012 if the language preference for non-Unicode programs is set to the default language. To work around this issue, you must first change this setting. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, open the Clock, Region and Language item, and then click Region.
- Click the Administrative tab.
- In the Language for non-Unicode programs area, click Change system locale.
- On the Current system locale list, click English (United States), and then click OK.
For more information about terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates, click the following article number to go to the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2917508 - Last Review: 12 Sep 2014 - Revision: 1