Applies to regionThis article applies to Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) for all regions.
- When you move child items to the offline inventory if the available child quantity is less than the quantity that you are trying to transfer, you experience incorrect parent and child quantities in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations Manager.
BUG #: 1691 (Retail Management Systems SE)
- When you tender a return transaction in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations POS, the credit and debit card tender amounts are not automatically filled in.
Note After you apply this hotfix, the return amount is filled into the field for the appropriate credit or debit card tender type only when a single tender type was used in the original sales transaction. If more than one tender type was used, the cashier will have to select each return tender type, as appropriate, and enter the correct amount for that tender type.
BUG #: 1758 (Retail Management Systems SE)
- You experience an issue in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations POS in which the discount reason code is not removed from the transaction when a discount is removed.
BUG #: 1763 (Retail Management Systems SE)
- When you try to obtain a voucher in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations POS that is not listed as the first item in a work order, you receive the following error message: BUG #: 1765 (Retail Management Systems SE)Run-time error ‘91’: Object variable or With block variable not set.
- You experience an issue in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations Manager in which tax amounts that you entered into a purchase order revert to zero after you receive and commit the items. This causes incorrect results to be displayed in the Inventory Received report.
Note The fix for this issue required a modification to one of the report files installed with Store Operations, PORcv.xml. This file is located in the following folder:C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store Operations\ReceiptTemplateIf you have made any modifications to this template, we recommend that you make a copy of the file before you install this hotfix, and then merge your changes into the new file after the hotfix is installed.
BUG #: 1781 (Retail Management Systems SE)
- You experience an issue in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations POS in which the customer signatures that were entered with the signature-capture form on the Verifone Mx860 payment terminal appear jagged and distorted.
BUG #: 1790 (Retail Management Systems SE)
- You cannot set security on the toolbar buttons in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations Manager or Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters Manager.
BUG #: 1792 (Retail Management Systems SE)
- By default, the Test Mode field in the Payment Connector configuration dialog box in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations Administrator is set to "True." This can cause issues during payment processing.
BUG #: 1803 (Retail Management Systems SE)
This rollup is a cumulative hotfix that includes all the hotfixes that were released since Microsoft Dynamics RMS 2.0 Cumulative Update 5 (CU5). The following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles contain additional steps that you must follow to resolve the issues that are described in the KB articles:
- 2735491 Hotfix rollup 2735491 is available for Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations 2.0 and for Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters 2.0
This hotfix includes a new switch for Microsoft Dynamics RMS Headquarters clients. The switch suppresses warning messages that the Headquarters client generates. To apply the switch, change the command line in the Headquarters client shortcut to the following:
"c:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters Client\HQClient.exe" -q
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. There is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If you are encountering an issue downloading, installing this hotfix, or have other technical support questions, contact your partner or, if enrolled in a support plan directly with Microsoft, you can contact technical support for Microsoft Dynamics and create a new support request. To do this, go to the following Microsoft website:
PrerequisitesBefore you install this hotfix rollup, you must have Microsoft Dynamics RMS Cumulative Update 5 (CU5) installed. To verify this, follow these steps:
- Start Store Operations Manager.
- On the Help menu, click About Store Operations Manager.
- Verify that Cumulative Update 5 (build number 2.0.2000) or a later build is installed.
HeadquartersIf you use Headquarters with multiple stores, install the hotfix rollup on all the computers.
Important Make sure that you install the hotfix rollup when no activity will occur in the stores.
Install the hotfix rollup on each computer that has any one of the following programs installed:
- Headquarters Client
- Headquarters Manager
- Headquarters Server
- Store Operations Manager
- Store Operations POS
We recommend that you stop communications between the Headquarters Client program and the Headquarters Server program before you install this hotfix rollup. To do this, follow these steps for each store on the computer on which the Headquarters Client is installed.
- Start Headquarters Client.
- On the File menu, click Configuration, click the Schedule tab, and then click to select the Manual Connection Only check box.
- Click OK.
Store OperationsIf you have a single store that uses Store Operations with one or more computers, you must install the hotfix rollup on all the computers. Install the hotfix rollup when no activity will occur in Store Operations POS or in Store Operations Manager. Install the hotfix rollup on all the computers when the store is closed. We have not tested environments that are partly updated, and we do not support them.
Note After you install this hotfix rollup for all the headquarters and for all the stores, you can resume regular data uploads.
File informationThe global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
How to install the hotfix rollupTo install the hotfix rollup, follow these steps:
- Download the hotfix rollup by following the instructions that you received from Technical Support.
- Double-click the compressed file that you downloaded.
- In the self-extractor dialog box, click Continue.
- Select the folder to which you want to extract the files, and then click OK.
- Type the password that you received from Technical Support, and then click OK.
- Click OK to close the self-extractor dialog box.
- Close all Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System programs.
- Double-click the Retail2.0-kb2919032.exe file.
How to verify that the hotfix rollup is installedTo verify that the hotfix rollup is installed, follow these steps:
- Start any Headquarters program or any Store Operations program.
- On the Help menu, click About. If the version number that is listed is 2.0.2001, the hotfix rollup is installed.
Article ID: 2919032 - Last Review: 3 Feb 2017 - Revision: 2