- You have a computer that is running Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.
- You upgrade the computer to Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2.
- As part of the upgrade process, the Sysprep.exe process is run to generalize the system.
- The system restarts after the process.
- The Stop error 0x0000009F describes a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL issue.
- The parameters in this Stop error message vary, depending on the configuration of the computer.
- Not all "0x000000D1" Stop errors are caused by this issue.
How to obtain this updateThis update is automatically applied during the upgrade using Dynamic Update. Therefore, you must connect your computer to the Internet during the installation.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2.
Registry informationTo apply this update, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace a previously released update.
Article ID: 2920540 - Last Review: 29 Apr 2014 - Revision: 1