Please be aware that the update in Download Center applies to Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2013. It does not apply to the Office 2013 Click-to-Run editions such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?).
Improvements and Fixes
- This update enables copy-protection for the Facebook contacts folder in Outlook 2013 so that it integrates better with the Facebook contacts sync feature of Office 365.
- This update provides you an informative message when you cannot open an Office document on a computer that has both Office 2013 Click-to-Run edition and Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition installed. The informative message may resembles following:Sorry, we can't perform this action. Incompatible Office products are installed on your machine. If you have an administrator, please contact them for help.
- Improves the usability of PowerPoint 2013 so that you will be able to record your inking actions when you record a slide show. Also, you will be able to insert a video recorded from the screen into the PowerPoint presentation. (This improvement is not available in Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 RT)
Note To enable this improvement, you must also have update KB2889846 for Office 2013 and update KB2920732 for PowerPoint 2013 installed.
- Fixes the following issues:
- Assume that you create a shortcut in the Custom Office Templates folder, and the shortcut links to a folder that contains one or more templates. In this situation, when you try to create new documents based on these templates in an Office 2013 application, you cannot use the given templates. You may receive a file conversation for the shortcut or the following error message:We couldn't find any templates in this location.
- Consider the following scenario:
- You sign in with your Microsoft account in Office 2013.
- You enable the two-step verification feature for your Microsoft account.
- The Account tab in the Office 2013 application has an Account Error message and a Fix Me button.
- You cannot update the certificate of a user who is in your Contacts folder in Outlook 2013.
- Consider the following scenario:
- You configure Outlook 2013 to connect to the Internet though a proxy server that requires basic authentication.
- You configure the AllowImageProxyAuth registry key to let Outlook download images as this requires proxy authentication.
- You have update KB2863880 for Office 2013 or Office 2013 Service Pack 1 installed.
- Assume that you create a shortcut in the Custom Office Templates folder, and the shortcut links to a folder that contains one or more templates. In this situation, when you try to create new documents based on these templates in an Office 2013 application, you cannot use the given templates. You may receive a file conversation for the shortcut or the following error message:
How to download and install the update
Windows UpdateUse Windows Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center. The updates in the Download Center cannot be installed on Office Home and Student 2013 RT.
- Download update KB2920798 for 32-bit version of Office 2013
- Download update KB2920798 for 64-bit version of Office 2013
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you install this update.
PrerequisitesTo install this hotfix package, you must have Microsoft Office 2013 or Microsoft Office 2013 Service Pack 1 installed.
- Start an Office 2013 application, such as Microsoft Word 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item is not displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|