Note This design change behavior is different from pre-SP1 versions such as SQL Server Analysis 2012 PowerPivot add-in or SQL Server 2008 R2 PowerPivot add-in. The design change was originally intended to address situations when a connection string rebuild was initialized on a session where the password had not been entered, and thus subsequent data refresh operations will fail for the PowerPivot data model access.
- Obtain and apply the required hotfix or cumulative update:
- In Registry Editor, click the following registry key:
- For Excel 2010: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Gemini\Settings
- For Excel 2013: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\PowerPivot\Settings
- Right-click Settings, point to New, and then click DWORD value.
- Type PasswordPromptBehavior and then press ENTER.
- Right-click PasswordPromptBehavior and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1 and then click OK.
Article ID: 2926009 - Last Review: 6 May 2014 - Revision: 1