- You set up a Group Policy Object (GPO) that is linked to an organizational unit (OU).
- You enable the User Group Policy loopback processing mode with the merge mode.
- You log on a Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2 based computer that belongs to the OU by using an account that belongs to another OU.
- You configure a setting in the GPO that requires synchronous processing, such as folder redirection.
- You log off and then log on the computer to make sure that the GPO is applied.
- You log off and then log on the second time.
Article ID: 2928424 - Last Review: 8 Apr 2014 - Revision: 1