- You have Virtual Machine Manager for Microsoft System Center 2012 installed on a Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V host.
- You add a third-party virtual network switch extension to System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Virtual Machine Manager or to System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
- One of the following conditions is true:
- You apply the MinimumBandwidthWeight setting to the network of a Hyper-V virtual machine.
- You use the System Center Virtual Machine Manager "high bandwidth adapter" or "medium bandwidth adapter" native port profile.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft Support. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, go to the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must have Windows Server 2012 installed.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any previously released hotfix.
Article ID: 2928439 - Last Review: 9 Apr 2014 - Revision: 1