- You have a hybrid deployment of on-premises Exchange Server and of Exchange Online and you try to move a mailbox from Exchange Online to the on-premises environment.
- You try to perform a cross-forest mailbox move between two on-premises Exchange servers.
- Rebuild the content index catalog on the on-premises Exchange server. For more info about how to do this, go to Reseed the Search Catalog.
- After the index catalog is rebuilt, wait a few minutes until the fast engine starts indexing again.
- Determine whether indexing is completed. To do this, run the Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus cmdlet.
If indexing is completed, the value in the output should show as Healthy.
Article ID: 2931079 - Last Review: 29 Dec 2016 - Revision: 1