- You have a computer that is running Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2.
- You have a network device that is connected to the computer by using any USB 3.0 hub.
- In Control Panel, you change the Power Options settings to put the computer to sleep after 1 minute of idle time.
- You connect the computer to a network that has the Auto Connect feature enabled.
- The computer goes into connected standby mode after 1 minute of idle time.
- You wait 15-30 minutes, and then you wake up the computer by pressing the Windows logo button.
Note This problem continues to occur even though you try to turn the computer off and then back on.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft Support. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, go to the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must have Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2 installed.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any previously released hotfix.
Article ID: 2931789 - Last Review: 10 Apr 2014 - Revision: 1