- You have a computer that is running Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2.
- You try to create a multilanguage image for Windows Server 2012 R2 that includes the Thai server language pack.
- You copy the WinPE boot.wim file from the Microsoft Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK), and you insert the necessary optional components from the WinPE_OCs folder including:
Note By default, these files are located in the following path:C:\Program Files\Windows Kits\8.1\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Windows Preinstallation Environment\amd64\WinPE_OCs
- You run the setup for this image.
- Download the hotfix that is described in this article. The hotfix includes the Thai font in the WinPE_FontSupport_WinRE.cab file.
- You copy the WinPE_FontSupport_WinRE.cab file to the WinPE_OCs folder that is located in the ADK installation.
- You insert the WinPE_FontSupport_WinRE optional component into the boot.wim file being used for Windows Server 2012 R2 that includes the Thai language pack.
- You can then run the setup for this image.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix Download Available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix Download Available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must be running Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2.
Registry informationTo use the hotfix in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
Article ID: 2932246 - Last Review: 21 May 2014 - Revision: 1