Issues that this update fixes
- When you add a virtual machine (VM) that runs in the VMWare environment to a defined Cloud in Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM), an error of InvalidStateFaultException (2949) is registered during job execution.
- VMM Service crashes in the VMChildObjectNotFoundException object, and you receive the following error message:VMM cannot find VirtualHardDisk object.
Known issues for this updateYou cannot apply this update to a computer that runs Update Rollup 1 for System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager SP1. In order to install Update Rollup 6 for System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager SP1, you have to uninstall Update Rollup 1 for System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager SP1. For more information, see the System Center blog at the following Microsoft website:
Note There are no other known issues when you apply Update Rollup 6 to a system that runs Update Rollup 2 or later updates for System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager SP1.
Microsoft UpdateTo obtain and install an update package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that has an applicable System Center 2012 R2 component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the update rollup packages that you want to install, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the selected update packages.
Manual download of the update packagesGo to the following website to manually download the update packages from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
Download the server update package now.
Installation instructionsTo manually install the update packages, run the following command from an elevated command prompt:
msiexec.exe /update <packagename>For example, to install the Update Rollup 6 update package for Virtual Machine Manager server (KB2932860), run the following command:
msiexec.exe /update kb2932860_vmmserver.msp
Uninstallation informationTo uninstall this update rollup, use the Programs and Features item in Control Panel.
Important Uninstalling Update Rollup 6 Virtual Machine Manager server package deletes the "VmmID" registry value under the following registry subkey:
Therefore, you should back up the registry for the "VmmID" registry key before you uninstall this update rollup. After you uninstall the update rollup, you should restore the "VmmID" registry value.
Article ID: 2932860 - Last Review: 30 Jul 2014 - Revision: 1