For more information about this, see the "Additional Information" section of the following TechNet article:
- During Virtual Machine Manager setup, select a port other than port 443 for Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS).
- During App Controller setup, select a port other than port 443.
Note You can select any other free port whose number is less than 32768 (for example, port 8500).
An internal error has occurred trying to contact an agent on the Hostname server: NO_PARAM: NO_PARAM.
Unknown error (0x80072f0d)
Ensure the agent is installed and running. Ensure the WS-Management service is installed and running, then restart the agent.
To resolve this issue, configure Virtual Machine Manager 2012 to use another port for BITS transfers between its Library servers and the virtualization hosts.
Note Make sure that the newly selected port is not blocked by a firewall between the hosts in question.
To configure Virtual Machine Manager 2012 to use another port for BITS transfers, follow these steps:
- On your Virtual Machine Manager server, open the registry.
- Navigate to the following subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager Server\Settings
- Locate BITSTcpPort. This should have a value of decimal 443. Change this to some unused port in your environment (for example, port 8500).
- Restart the Virtual Machine Manager service so that the change takes effect.
Article ID: 2933853 - Last Review: 21 Feb 2014 - Revision: 1