Applies to regionThis article applies to Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) for all regions.
- When you use the VeriFone Mx860 payment terminal with Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operation POS, the line display messages scroll only on the left part of the device screen, and the font size of the text is very small.
BUG #: 1731 (Retail Management Systems SE)
- When you swipe a credit card or debit card in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations POS through the Ingenico iSC250 or Ingenico iSC350 payment terminal, you have to click the Enter key before the transaction starts to process.
BUG #: 1793 (Retail Management Systems SE)
- When you process credit card transactions in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations POS through a VeriFone Mx860 payment terminal, the signature does not appear in the journal tender form.
BUG #: 1808 (Retail Management Systems SE)
- The Cashier Inactive filter appears in the Top Cashiers report in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations Manager only when VAT is configured.
BUG #: 1797 (Retail Management Systems SE)
- No data is displayed when you use the Inactive Cashier filter in combination with other filters in the Top Cashiers and Top Sales Reps reports in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Headquarters Manager and Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations Manager.
BUG #: 1818 (Retail Management Systems SE)
- Sales - Top Cashiers Report (Tax Inclusive)
- Sales - Top Cashiers Report
- Sales - Top Sales Reps Report (Tax-Inclusive)
- Sales - Top Sales Reps Report
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store Operations\Reports
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters\Reports
- When you set the requested execution level in the SOPOSUSER.exe.manifest file to AsInvoker, you receive the following error message three times before you can start Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations POS in Terminal Offline mode: BUG #: 1787 (Retail Management Systems SE)Can't connect to database.
- You can over-tender Account tender types in Microsoft Dynamics Store Operations POS that have the Prevent Cashier Overtendering option enabled.
BUG #: 1799 (Retail Management Systems SE)BUG #: 1824 (Retail Management Systems SE)
- Obsolete payment processing options (PC-Charge, IC Verify, and WinTI/European EFT) appear on the EDC tab of the configuration form in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations Administrator.
Note To provide backward-compatibility, the registry settings for these options continue to exist in the following Windows registry key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail Management System\Store Operations\POSUser\EDC\<Payment Option>BUG #: 1796 (Retail Management Systems SE)BUG #: 1812 (Retail Management Systems SE)
- When you print labels for a serial item from a purchase order in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations Manager, the first serial number is printed on all labels for the item instead of printing the unique serial numbers for each label.
BUG #: 1804 (Retail Management Systems SE)
- When you print labels for a serialized matrix component item in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations Manager, you cannot set the quantity of labels to print as equal to the Quantity On Hand value.
BUG #: 1815 (Retail Management Systems SE)
- After you change and save changes to a matrix item in Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations Manager, the component items have the This item is on Sale option enabled in the item properties.
BUG #: 1817 (Retail Management Systems SE)
This rollup is a cumulative hotfix that includes all the hotfixes that were released since Microsoft Dynamics RMS 2.0 Cumulative Update 5 (CU5). If you experience the following issue, you have to follow additional steps:
- Right-click the Headquarters Server shortcut, and then click Properties.
- Type –q at the end of the target string as follows:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters\HQServer.exe" – q
- Click Apply, and then click OK.
- Repeat these steps for the Voucher Server at headquarters and the Headquarters Client and Voucher Client at each store.
Note The shortcut targets should resemble the following:
Headquarters Server – "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters\HQServer.exe" – q
Headquarters Client – "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters Client\HQClient.exe" -q
Voucher Server – "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters\HQServer.exe" -g 34210 –q
Voucher Client – "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters Client\HQClient.exe" -g –q
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. There is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If you are encountering an issue downloading, installing this hotfix, or have other technical support questions, contact your partner or, if enrolled in a support plan directly with Microsoft, you can contact technical support for Microsoft Dynamics and create a new support request. To do this, go to the following Microsoft website:
PrerequisitesBefore you install this hotfix rollup, you must have Microsoft Dynamics RMS Cumulative Update 5 (CU5) installed. To verify this, follow these steps:
- Start Store Operations Manager.
- On the Help menu, click About Store Operations Manager.
- Verify that Cumulative Update 5 (build number 2.0.2000) or a later build is installed.
HeadquartersIf you use Headquarters with multiple stores, install the hotfix rollup on all the computers.
Important Make sure that you install the hotfix rollup when no activity will occur in the stores.
Install the hotfix rollup on each computer that has any one of the following programs installed:
- Headquarters Manager
- Headquarters Administrator
- Headquarters Server
- Headquarters Client
- Voucher Server
- Voucher Client
- Store Operations Manager
- Store Operations POS
- Store Operations Administrator
We recommend that you stop communications between the Headquarters Client program and the Headquarters Server program before you install this hotfix rollup. To do this, follow these steps for each store on the computer on which the Headquarters Client is installed.
- Start Headquarters Client.
- On the File menu, click Configuration, click the Schedule tab, and then click to select the Manual Connection Only check box.
- Click OK.
Store OperationsIf you have a single store that uses Store Operations with one or more computers, you must install the hotfix rollup on all the computers. Install the hotfix rollup when no activity will occur in Store Operations POS or in Store Operations Manager. Install the hotfix rollup on all the computers when the store is closed. We have not tested environments that are partly updated, and we do not support them.
Note After you install this hotfix rollup for all the headquarters and for all the stores, you can resume regular data uploads.
File informationThe global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
How to install the hotfix rollupTo install the hotfix rollup, follow these steps:
- Download the hotfix rollup by following the instructions that you received from Technical Support.
- Double-click the compressed file that you downloaded.
- In the self-extractor dialog box, click Continue.
- Select the folder to which you want to extract the files, and then click OK.
- Type the password that you received from Technical Support, and then click OK.
- Click OK to close the self-extractor dialog box.
- Close all Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System programs.
- Double-click the Retail2.0-kb2934369.exe file.
How to verify that the hotfix rollup is installedTo verify that the hotfix rollup is installed, follow these steps:
- Start any Headquarters program or any Store Operations program.
- On the Help menu, click About. If the version number that is listed is 2.0.2002, the hotfix rollup is installed.
Article ID: 2934369 - Last Review: 3 Feb 2017 - Revision: 2