- Active MPN and/or technical requirements met
- MPN (Microsoft Partner Network) MPN
- 6-month software purchase history
- 6-month software purchase history is based off of your history from the past period accruing period. Example - if you are loaded in the current H1 period (period is from January - June) your funding will be based off of your purchase history from July - December of the previous year.
- Tier 1 Resellers are eligible for OEM Co-op and OEM Rebate Funds, and
- Tier 2 Resellers are eligible for OEM Rebate Funds.
For MPN and purchase history the requirements are as follows for the FY 14 H2 period:
** The below information can be located at the Channel Incentives Resources and also on the current flyer FY 14 H2 Reseller Flyer
|Tier 2||Tier 1|
If your Partner is not listed in CHIP for this current period or they are loaded as a Tier 2 Partner the following are common reasons:
- Your partner did not met the 6-month purchase requirements as displayed on the current flyer. Please contact your PSE if known
- Your partner does not have an active MPN or your MPN has expired. Please login to MPN and create a new MPN or renew your expired MPN and provide this information to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 31 for the H2 period or September 30th for the H1 period.
- Your Partner did not associate the technical requirements by the required deadline. March 31th is the dead line for the H2 period and September 30 is the deadline for H1 period. If it is the beginning of the period, please note that all Partner will begin loading on January 15th (for H2 period) and July 15th (for H1 period)
If you are having issues viewing CHIP please utilize the following workarounds:
Please clear all cookies and open CHIP in a private browser
- Please clear the cookies, browsing history and close all browser windows while logging into CHIP system for the first time.
- Go to Internet Options Click delete and check all the Check boxes except the Upper one "Keep Cookies and temporary Internet files that enable your favorite websites to retain preferences and display faster."
- Click Ok and delete Cookies.
- For the first time Open browser in "In Private” mode. This option will open when you right click on Internet Explorer.
- Make sure all the browser windows are closed while opening application for first time.
- Generally you can open the browser in normal mode not only in "In private” mode. It is preferred to open “In private " mode.
- Whenever you face user unable to login please clear cookies, browsing history and close all browser windows by following all the above steps.
- Now enter the Chip URL i.e. “https://channelincentives.microsoft.com” in browser and press enter button.
- Now enter your Windows live ID and password to login to chip.
Compatibility and Language settings
- Please check your Compatibility View Settings by clicking on tools:
- Click Compatibility View Settings, CHIP should be already listed as below Microsoft.com, otherwise please add the website:
- In order to add another language please follow the instructions below: Go to Internet options:
- Click on Languages on the bottom:
- Select English (United States)
- And click on “Move Up” and then click OK. Once this has been done, please exit all browsers and open a new IE page in “Private browser” and access CHIP.
Note: Using the Contact Microsoft Support button requires you to login into the MPN site using a valid Microsoft Partner Network login. If you do not have a valid Microsoft Partner Network login or are having problems logging in to MPN, you can get more information or assistance from the MPN Support site.
Article ID: 2935730 - Last Review: 19 Apr 2017 - Revision: 2