- You use Microsoft .NET Remoting to establish communication between applications.
- You use binary format to serialize the messages.
- An application sends a custom message type that's derived from the MarshalByRefObject object.
- .NET Framework 1.1
- .NET Framework 2.0
- .NET Framework 3.0
- .NET Framework 3.5
- .NET Framework 4.0
- .NET Framework 4.5
- When you call ChannelServices.RegisterChannel() function, set the ensureSecurity argument to true. This helps makes sure that your remoting channel is secure.
- Set the value of microsoft:Remoting:AllowTransparentProxyMessage key to true in the Web.config file or App.config file of the application that receives this custom message, as in the following example:
<add key="microsoft:Remoting:AllowTransparentProxyMessage" value="true"/>
Note If this appSettings configuration is absent or if it contains a value other than true, .NET Remoting will use the default behavior and throw a RemotingException when this kind of message is received.
Article ID: 2935795 - Last Review: 14 May 2014 - Revision: 1