The On-Time True-Up (TUP) incentive rewards partners for research, compliance management, and the collection of customer information to ensure accurate license inventory. The On-Time True-Up incentive is paid on the billed revenue for On-Time and Early True-Up orders. The On-Time True-Up incentive is eligible for True-Up orders that are submitted within following timeframes:
· For an updated EA, True-Up orders must be received no less than 30 days prior to the anniversary date (note: orders received on the 30th day are eligible)
- For the prior version of the EA, the True-Up order must be received no later than 15 days after the Enrollment anniversary date
For year 2 and 3, Partner should have submitted the True-Up report for year one. All final year True-Up orders must be received prior to the agreement expiration date.
Note: At the start of a New or Renewal EA, all users and devices using and running Microsoft software must be licensed. Partners who artificially decrease the initial purchase amount to increase the True-Up amount may jeopardize their status as an eligible partner for Enterprise incentives.
For more details on True Up Incentives Eligibility, please refer to the Enterprise Incentive Implementation Guide, section On Time True Up Earning Criteria.
You can check the agreement version by following the below steps:
- Open explore.ms and click Sign In.
- Sign in using your Microsoft Account (previous Live ID) and Password.
- Under Compliance, select Enterprise Late True Up.
- Select the By Agreement tab.
- Enter the agreement number into the Agreement Number search box and click Search.
- Once the results populate, check the 2nd column labelled Update EA:
- Yes = Update EA
- No = Pre uEA
For Support, please go tohttps://mspartner.microsoft.com
Select your language
Go to Support Tab
Select your Category, Topic and Issue and
Select how to get in contact with us (Chat, Forum, and e-mail).
Note: Using the Contact Microsoft Support button requires you to login into the MPN site using a valid Microsoft Partner Network login. If you do not have a valid Microsoft Partner Network login or are having problems logging in to MPN, you can get more information or assistance from the MPN Support site.