The Polycom devices use Exchange Web Service (EWS) to communicate with the Exchange environment. Resource mailboxes don't have a linked master account. This causes the authentication attempts that use the domain\samaccountname format to fail.
- The Polycom CX7000 device must be running software version 18.104.22.16858 or a later version.
- The Polycom CX7000 device has a Lync account that was set up by completing the startup wizard for the resource mailbox.
Note If you need help with this prerequisite or the previous prerequisite, contact Polycom support.
- A service account for an Office 365 dedicated/ITAR mailbox exists, and the service account has EWS impersonation rights by being a member of one of the following role groups:
- EWS Impersonation role group in Exchange Server 2010
- SSA-ApplicationImpersonation baseline role group or another role group that is associated with the SSA_ApplicationImpersonation management role in Exchange Server 2013
Note If you need help in setting up the Polycom CX7000 device, contact Polycom support. For more information about how to set up Polycom devices to use EWS impersonation, see the following articles:
- Administrator's Guide for Polycom CX7000 Systems (pages 39 and 40)
- Polycom CX7000 Unified Collaboration System, Version 1.2.0 (page 7)
Article ID: 2936961 - Last Review: 28 Feb 2014 - Revision: 1