Method 1Run the following command-line switch to delete the item:
Method 2Delete the Reminders folder by using the Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Editor (MFCMAPI). To do this, follow these steps:
- Download MFCMAPI from github (scroll down and then click Latest release).
- Exit Outlook.
- Open MFCMAPI.
- On the Tools menu, click Options, select both of the following check boxes (if they're not already selected), and then click OK:
- Use the MDB_ONLINE flag when calling OpenMsgStore
- Use the MAPI_NO_CACHE flag when calling OpenEntry
- Click Session, click Logon, select the profile that you want to change, and then click OK.
- Double-click the mailbox store that you want to open.
- Expand Root Container.
- Right-click the Reminders folder, and then click Delete folder.
Note Do not delete the individual items inside the Reminders folder. The Reminders folder is just a view of upcoming events on the calendar. If the items inside the folder are deleted, those items will be removed from the calendar.
- Run the Outlook.exe /cleanreminders or Outlook.exe /ResetFolders command line. (This step re-creates the Reminders folder and adds any valid entries back in.)
Article ID: 2949811 - Last Review: 13 Jun 2017 - Revision: 2