This course consists of the following videos:
Learn how to create a drop-down list to limit the type of data options people can enter within a cell. (Length: 1:01)
Drop-down list settings
Find out how to define the following options in a drop-down list:
- Cell range
- Named range (Length: 4:37)
Input and error messages
Discover how to:
- Create a message notifying people that a cell contains a drop-down list.
- Create a drop-down list that helps people with option selection or shows an error message when a drop-down list option is improperly selected. (Length: 2:47)
Learn how to perform the following actions:
- Prevent changes to drop-down list data by hiding columns, rows, or the entire worksheet.
- Make hidden columns reappear if you need to make changes.
- Lock and password protect worksheet cells or an entire worksheet. (Length: 6:20)
To begin:Download this tutorial. Click Enable Editing in the message bar.
Then press F5 or click Slide Show>From Beginning to start the course. If the videos in this course don’t play, you may need to download QuickTime or just switch to PowerPoint 2013.
Article ID: 2949863 - Last Review: 28 Mar 2014 - Revision: 1