Note This is changing the default priority list for the cipher suites. If you have deployed a Group Policy in your environment that has an updated cipher suite priority ordering, this update won't affect those computers where the Group Policy is deployed.
To configure the SSL Cipher Suite Order Group Policy setting, follow these steps:
- At a command prompt, enter gpedit.msc, and then press Enter. The Local Group Policy Editor is displayed.
- Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Network > SSL Configuration Settings.
- Under SSL Configuration Settings, select SSL Cipher Suite Order.
- In the SSL Cipher Suite Order pane, scroll to the bottom.
- Follow the instructions that are labeled How to modify this setting.
- You have to restart the computer after you change this setting for the changes to take effect.
- The list of cipher suites is limited to 1,023 characters.
- Using Group Policy as described here is the supported method of updating the cipher suite priority ordering. Updating the registry settings for the default priority ordering isn't supported. If you change these registry settings, this update will reset them to the default settings.
Article ID: 3161639 - Last Review: 2 Mar 2017 - Revision: 2