- You are working in Microsoft Access.
- You execute update queries against a linked Microsoft SharePoint view.
- The underlying list that you are updating includes lookup fields that are not linked to Access because they are not included in the current view.
In this scenario, you receive the following error message:
Method 1Link all the lookup columns in the underlying list to tables. To do this, follow these steps:
- Link to the SharePoint list itself. This makes sure that all lookup tables for the underlying list are present within Access.
- Delete the linked table for the SharePoint list in Access. (Leave the linked tables for the lookup columns.)
- Link to the SharePoint view by using the ImportSharePointList macro action.
Method 2Disable caching in Access 2010. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Access, select File > Options.
- Select Current Database.
- Scroll down to the Caching Web Service area, and then locate the Microsoft SharePoint tables.
- Select the Never Cache check box.
For more information about the TransferSharePointList macro, see TransferSharePointList Macro Action.
Article ID: 3200677 - Last Review: 26 Oct 2016 - Revision: 1