After you upgrade the domain controllers, you notice that one or more of the following symptoms occur:
- User logon failures
- SID to name translation fails in object picker UIs
- RDP connection failures
- DNS SRV resource record registration failures
- The firewall profile on member servers and workstations fails to select the domain profile
Additionally, you may receive the following event in the System log:
Event ID: 46
Task Category: None
User: LOCAL SERVICE
The time service encountered an error and was forced to shut down. The error was: 0x80070700: An attempt was made to logon, but the network logon service was not started.
- Click Start, type services.msc in the Start Search box, and then click Services Desktop app.
- Locate and double-click Netlogon, and then click Automatic in the Startup type box.
- Click OK, and then start the Netlogon service.
Article ID: 3201247 - Last Review: 1 Nov 2016 - Revision: 1